Sunday, December 9, 2012

Daily Blog 5

In this blog I wanna talk about my studying experience in the US. As you maybe know, we are visiting students in Gatech and I am the one of 36 people. We have 4 classes here, 2 Mathematics classes, 2 English classes. We took English classes in the Language Institute and took Mathematics classes in Mathematical Department. The English classes, I think, is just like the English class we took in China. It all because that our English professor in China also in an American, and his way to teach is just like teachers here. We have many discussion and thinking in the class and a lot of homework.

However, the Mathematics we studied here is quite different from we took in China. Our two classes are Algebraic Topology and Mathematical Biology. Algebraic Topology is my nightmare. It is a graduate level class for math student, and I feel is very abstract and difficult. Mathematical Biology Class also is very different from the tradition math classes we took in China. It includes both Math and Biology, the math is okay, and the knowledge of the Biology is okay, too. However,  the words are too difficult for me! There are lots of Biology nouns and terms, and sometimes I can't even know some word's explanation. I have finished the Algebraic Topology class, I just took the final exam last Thursday, and Mathematical Biology final will held on next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment